American roulette has 38 numbered boxes: 36 boxes whose numbers range from 1 to 36, a single zero (0), and a double zero (00). The numbers between 1 and 36 are alternately colored in red and black. Single zero and double zero are colored green. As we said earlier, the goal of the game is to predict which numbered box the ball will end up. With this in mind, players are required to place their bets in the table sections of their choice. The dealer activates the roulette wheel in one direction and throws the white ball in the opposite direction. The 38 numbers of American roulette are arranged in such a way that the ball has an equal probability of stopping in any square.
What Are The Types Of Betting At American Roulette?
American roulette includes a wide range of bet types. Each of them has its own probabilities of occurrence and its own payout reports. We usually divide them into two categories: internal bets and external bets. Internal bets are placed on individual numbers or small groups of adjacent numbers. These bets offer very high payout ratios but are unfortunately associated with reduced chances of occurrence. External bets include larger groups of numbers (columns, dozen, even or odd numbers, etc.). Unlike internal bets, they offer higher probabilities of occurrence but are unfortunately associated with less lucrative payout reports.
- Full Number = A bet is placed on any individual number (including the zero). The payout is 35 to 1.
- Staking = We place a bet which relates to two adjacent numbers. The stack of tokens should be placed on the line separating these two numbers. The payout is 17 to 1.
- Full Cross = We place a bet on the three numbers of the same row. To do this, the stack of tokens must be placed on the line located at the beginning (or at the end) of said row. The payout is from 11 to 1.
- Square = We place a bet on a group of four numbers. The stack of tokens must be positioned at the intersection of these four numbers. The payout is 8 to 1.
- Combined Bet (Or “Basket Bet”) = It relates to the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. It is associated with a payout ratio of 6 to 1. It is a type of bet extremely risky in the measure where it propels the house advantage to 7.89%.
- Simple Cross (Or Sixain) = We place a bet on six numbers (two rows of three numbers). The stack of tokens is placed on the point of intersection of the two rows in question. The payout is 5 to 1.
Bets Outside American Roulette
- Column = This bet relates to an entire column (of 12 numbers). The stack of tokens is placed in the “2 to 1” section (located at the bottom of the column in question). The payout is 2 to 1.
- Dozen = It is also a type of bet that involves 12 numbers (as the name suggests). The chip stack should be placed on “1st 12” (for numbers between 1 and 12), on “2nd 12” (for numbers between 13 and 24) or on “3rd 12” (for numbers between 25 and 36 ). The payout is 2 to 1.
- Red / Black = It is a bet which relates either to all the red numbers or to all the black numbers. Place your stack of chips on “Red” or “Black” to make this type of bet. The payout is 1 to 1.
- Even / Odd = This is a bet that involves either all even numbers or all odd numbers. Place your stack of chips on “Odd” or “Even” to place this type of bet. The payout is 1 to 1.
- Lack / Pass = By entering this type of bet, you bet either on all the numbers between 1 and 18 (miss) or on all the numbers between 19 and 36 (pass). The payout is 1 to 1.